DEADLINE IS DEC. 1ST: SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT KRATOM TODAY!
TIPS ABOUT YOUR COMMENTS TO THE DEA
Be honest. Stick to what you know. Be courteous.
Your comment is an opportunity to oppose the DEA’s proposal to make the alkaloids mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine, two constituents of the kratom plant, schedule 1 controlled substances. This would put kratom -- a plant consumed safely in the U.S for decades and world-wide for millennia, and one that helps millions of people -- on the same level as illegal drugs like heroin. The DEA scheduling would also prevent further research which, to date, has shown the primary alkaloids in kratom to be beneficial without causing respiratory depression; the main cause of death from opiate overdose.
Kratom is a regulated dietary ingredient. Kratom is not a drug. Kratom is not addictive.
Your comments should address the following:
- Your name, age, and profession.
- A clear statement of your view about opposing the DEA putting kratom on the list of schedule 1 controlled substances.
- When you started using kratom.
- How you came to start using kratom.
- How kratom has helped you … and why you think it should remain available. Unless you are a doctor or other health expert, avoid making any medical-related claims.
- Any links to research or news articles that support your thoughts.
- A concluding point.
Your comments are your own and should reflect your experience and views. Nothing about this page is meant to provide anything more than general background information and guidance. Please use your own words and express your ideas!